‘FUNINTUN’S CHRISTMAS’ by Verna Penn Moll, is the book of the SEASON!
Funintun’s Christmas embraces –
- our Virgin Islands traditional and cultural Chrismas customs
- the thoughts and actions which shaped the Virgin Islands character
Funintun’s Christmas introduces –
- various historical themes;
- a sense of unity and belonging, of values and country pride;
- innocent profundity
Funintun’s Christmas is –
- a recollection, a gathering, a remembrance of both hardships and joys
- It is a self-definition
- It is a model for a future series of indigenous writing for children
- It is an articulation of seven collective principles of harvest:
- Unity, Self- determination, Collective work and responsibility, Cooperative Economics, Purpose, Creativity, and Faith.
FUNINTUN’S CHRISTMAS is the definitive Virgin Islands Christmas book, which we should all read and give as presents this year.
Funintun Booker;”>Use the Contact page to obtain copies